Home Learning will continue for Year 2 from Monday 1st June 2020.
Welcome Back !
It's Summer Term 2
Week 6 - 06_07_20
We will be continuing our Minibeast Unit of work called Wriggle & Crawl
A printed version of the weekly planning will be available for collection from 11:00 on Monday but ONLY if you let me know you want one - by the end of day on the prevoius Friday please - we obviously want to save wasting paper on uncollected packs.
Thank you for conintuing to 'stay safe' and 'stay alert' and maintaining 'social distancing' during this time.
Love from Mrs Farleigh
Home Learning Links:
Class Dojo – Please continue to use this to communicate with us and check out those Portfolio Folders for additional ‘Activity’ ideas.
- RWI Phonics: I have messaged you all with the ‘Group Times’ that matches your child’s ability.
- White Rose Maths : The short video outlines the learning for today and you click on the ‘pink’ box to get todays work. The answers are underneath – but no peeking. Re-read and check your own answers before looking and we are also using some bits from
- BBCBitesize : Go to the 'daily lessons for Year 2' - all links are hightlighted in the weekly PDF document on this website and on the Daily uploads to class dojo.
- Purple Mash : 2Dos have been set, differentiated to meet the individual needs of our children – this includes weekly times tables practise, A ‘Chapter’ to read with daily comprehension follow-up activities and some ‘games’ just for fun. Parents please see the Purple Mash Newsletter below if you would like some helpful hints too.
- For some daily ‘Physical Activities’ why not join Joe Wicks, The Body Coach
or for something a little calmer…
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
Parenting in a Digital Age
Good Morning, I hope you are all fit and healthy. At Marlborough Primary Academy we have always embraced the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning opportunities and valued the importance it was likely to play in the future of our children. None of us could have imagined how imminent and essential the use of technology would become in enabling quality education to happen in the here and now. We are all busy planning for your child’s learning for the Summer Term and are excited by the new technological ways of working together, but as we become increasingly reliant upon technology to keep us connected, it also becomes increasingly important to ensure we remain as safe in the digital world as we are keeping ourselves in the real world. Please take some time to read ‘Parenting in the digital world’ and stay safe online. Thank you from Mrs Farleigh.
Mrs Brenda Farleigh
I have worked here at Marlborough for over ten years and I know many of our families very well. Please catch me in the playground in the mornings with any information that may impact upon your child's ability to learn that day. Otherwise, please contact the Reception staff who will be happy to make an 'end of day' appointment for more private or longer conversations you may wish to have. I am always happy to help and it is only by working together, you, your child and I, that your child will reach their full potential. I'm also keen to get everyone connected to our Class Dojo, a great instant messaging service that allows you to see and hear what your child is learning in class.