We Are Doing This 2F !
I’m seriously blown away with how hard you are all working.
Most of you are in daily contact with me through Class Dojo, messaging and picking up ‘Activities’ that are now being posted in your child’s private ‘Portfolio’ folder.
Remember, these are ‘unprecedented times’ and we are ALL of us doing the best we can, when we can and that the most important thing to do is to STAY HOME & STAY SAFE…
We are all realising that getting through the day, juggling, caring for children, the elderly, animals, work, shopping and still trying to look after ourselves mentally and physically is more of a challenge than we ever knew… but we ARE doing it.
Manage your expectations and do what you can…take a-day-at-a-time.
Make this precious time together as stress-free and fun as you can…
Home Learning Ideas
Links to Learning:
- Class Dojo – Please continue to use this to communicate with us and check out those Portfolio Folders for additional ‘Activity’ ideas.
- RWI Phonics: I have messaged you all with the ‘Group Times’ that matches your child’s ability.
- White Rose Maths : Daily Flashback 4 – this recaps a question from yesterday, last week and last term as well as asks you to draw the time on the clock. The short video then outlines the learning for today and you click on the ‘pink’ box to get todays work. The answers are underneath – but no peeking. Re-read and check your own answers before looking.
- Purple Mash : 2Dos have been set, differentiated to meet the individual needs of our children – this includes weekly times tables practise, A ‘Chapter’ to read with daily comprehension follow-up activities and some ‘games’ just for fun. Parents please see the Purple Mash Newsletter below if you would like some helpful hints too.
- For some daily ‘Physical Activities’ why not join Joe Wicks, The Body Coach
or for something a little calmer…
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
Mrs Brenda Farleigh
I have worked here at Marlborough for over ten years and I know many of our families very well. Please catch me in the playground in the mornings with any information that may impact upon your child's ability to learn that day. Otherwise, please contact the Reception staff who will be happy to make an 'end of day' appointment for more private or longer conversations you may wish to have. I am always happy to help and it is only by working together, you, your child and I, that your child will reach their full potential. I'm also keen to get everyone connected to our Class Dojo, a great instant messaging service that allows you to see and hear what your child is learning in class.